Sunday, June 14, 2009

First Hand Account From Tehran





The identity of our correspondent in Tehran has been removed from this dispatch for his protection.

All of a sudden in the middle of discussion in your room, I disconnected from Paltalk and my laptop yield itself to intruders. Whereas I assumed this disruption could be designed and engineered by tough and stiff monitoring by our telecommunication system authorities in my country, in order to avoid any further ramification such as disruptor breaking into my place, I immediately left my home and sought shelter at my sister’s residential who happened living just few minutes away from me.

Still under stress, I received a call from my son’s friends, "he is fainted," they said. I rushed to him, I even don’t know how! When I got to him he was till unconscious! However, he finally gained his conscience and my heart calmed down. Why it happened to him, still no one has answered. Nevertheless, I am thinking due to heavy pressure, physical and mental activities that he has endured in the past four weeks during the process of election caused him to enter such situation. I took him to my mother and asked her to look after him till he soundly returns to full health. Happily he is OK now.

It was supposed be a peaceful gathering in the streets of Tehran by Mr. Mosavi’s supporters today, it didn’t take form, since the legal permission wasn’t granted. Nonetheless, I heard Mr. Mosavi has obtained legal permission for peaceful demonstration from Minster of Interior for tomorrow, Monday at 16:00 local time. He has urged his supporters to hold full civilized demonstration. As well he added, he will pursue effort to annul the result of election.

While Iran has plunged into shock and despair deception and humiliation, Ahmadinejad today shamelessly celebrated his election and called himself victorious. In the meantime he forget to mention how ruthlessly humiliated, deceived and mocked Iranian honest people. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had learned anything from history, he'd know that if the past is any indication of the future, he will once again attempt to discredit and intimidate the opposition.
We Iranian people want to say to Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, we will use every medium available to us. We will use the Internet. We will use telephones. We will use radio and newspapers. We will do whatever we can make you to yield yourself to genuine will and desire of Iranian people. You have unfairly shutdown in this unfair campaign all telecommunications for us Iranian. You shutdown our presidential candidates sites and means of communications. But remember these are all evidence you stole 21 million votes which were for Mr. Mir Hossein Mousavi. We Iranians voted for Mr. Mir Hossein Mousavi and you counted to your name!

We Iranians want to live our lives as we see fit. We can’t do that while Mahmoud still has the ability to quash other people's opinions, so our train of hope and democracy has started moving slowly but steadily. And we know we will reach the destination!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having spent many hours talking with this user I must say how much I personally appreciate the truth and honesty behind his statements. I have heard him go from hope to despair and incredulity.
I cannot believe that these were honest and fair elections, and feel that all Ahmedinejad does by these exaggerated claims of his victory is cast even more doubt upon the veracity of his claims.
In his speech today he spoke about Iran being the only true democracy because they are driven by morality and ethics. Do moral people lie so grossly?

Anonymous said...

THE HORRORS OF ELECTION IN A CONTROLLED ELECTION!! eVEN HEARD THAT THERE WERE STUDENTS HACKED TO DEATH IN THEIR DORMATORY, AS THEY PROTESTED THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION. tHE COMMON MAN WILL NOT BE QUIET AND ACCEPT THE RESULTS SO EVILY GAINED . wE WILL SEE WHAT PLAYS OUT IN IRAN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS . jAMIE_38

maiddy78_1 said...

Well in my point of view this is totally a dictatorship by Mr.Ahmadinejad to become president again and he had done by using every type of misuse of powers.this is very shameful to him.He cheated with the innocent people of iran.good post gary