Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wall Street Bonuses Topic On Paltalk


Schechter

Let's see how this computes.

Does everyone have their calculators out?

The banking community goes bust in 2008. The federal government, that's you and me folks, bails 'em out.

Meanwhile, homes are foreclosed, people by the 10s of thousands are evicted, folks lose jobs, new unemployment claims skyrocket, nearly half of those out of work have given up looking for new jobs AND Wall Street bankers get obscene bonuses.

Again, I ask, how does this compute?

I mean, OK, I admit I have trouble balancing my checkbook. But even I can see something is rotten - and it's not in Denmark this time.

Joining us to help us focus on this international dilemma today on News Talk Online on Paltalk.com was Danny Schechter, author of Plunder: Investigating Our Economic Calamity and the Subprime Scandal and maker of the documentary In Debt We Trust. Schechter, on his last visit to the show, said the ring of security cameras the NYPD uses to protect Wall Street should be pointed inside the buildings - because that's where the real crime is taking place.

Schechter came to the show directly from the New York private family memorial service for Walter Conkrite and reported on the funeral and the legendary newsman's legacy.




No comments: