Friday, September 17, 2010

That's English?

I was just on the Long Island Railroad train from Hicksville to Penn Station New York. Remember, this is a Friday night train that arrives at the city a bit after 9. Suffice to say, it's a party train.

So it was noisy, filled with 20-something leggy ladies giggling and jabbering non-stop. I mean NON-stop.

The gal in the seat next to me, maybe twice their age and I exchanged knowing glances and smiled about the scene surrounding us.

"This is quite the party car," I commented.

"It took me 20 minutes to realize they were speaking English, she responded.

Welcome to the LIRR on a Friday night!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Dreama said...

hehehehe I miss riding the subways and A train in Chicago and Friday, Sat nights were the best before the bars closed of course. Oh like the new look of blog ttyl