Sunday, October 20, 2013

COP FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE AFTER BEING HIT BY A CAR AT THE VERRAZANO BRIDGE


You see them out there at the bridges and tunnels all the time. MTA Bridge and Tunnel cops. Officer Thomas Choi, out in a tow truck, lights flashing, opening up lanes at the Verrazano Bridge, when a 26-year-old woman's car slammed into him, catapulting over her vehicle and onto the pavement, the MTA's Daniel DeCrescenzo said in a news conference I covered for 1010 WINS outside Staten Island University Hospital. Choi was rushed to the hospital in critical condition and admitted to the ICU. The woman remained on the scene. The NYPD is investigating.

More from 1010 WINS.

1 comment:

RICESKI said...

WE all know it is dangerous to do those jobs. As a former tow truck driver I always kept one eye on traffic. The police didn't always like my speed but I liked it cause I was the one who had the responsibility for my safety.