Friday, December 13, 2013

FIRE GUTS MANHATTAN APARTMENT



On the way to the Bronx to cover the story about a proposal to build a professional soccer stadium across the street from Yankee Stadium for 1010 WINS I stopped at this apartment building by Yeshiva University to survey the damage from a raging fire that gutted an apartment. This woman says she was away, at the hospital, for a post-surgery examination and when she returned she saw the fire department outside the building. Faulty wiring the probable cause of the fire. No one injured, a neighbor ran in and saved the dog, but the woman, her son and the dog, now homeless.

No comments: