Friday, December 20, 2013

SUPPORT FOR COPS IN BROOKLYN SHOOTING



The Brownsville section of Brooklyn is a tough, crime infested neighborhood. The kind of place where one would expect there to be community outrage over the shooting of a 15-year-old by police. But when I drove to the scene of such a shooting to report for 1010 WINS, I found that everyone I interviewed thought it tragic that it happened, but showed support for what the cops did.

Police say someone in the neighborhood told them the teen had a gun. When they approached, he ran, but then turned and pointed the gun at them. That's when they opened fire, shooting him. He was rushed to a hospital where he is expected to recover.

Many residents say they welcome a strong police presence because of all the crime, especially around and in a massive public housing project. Several suggested that this is the unfortunate outcome when you go on the street brandishing a gun - especially when you point it at the police.

More from 1010 WINS.

4 comments:

czarina said...

Fantastic resource! I am permanently searching online for articles that can benefit me. Thank you for this one.

www.n8fan.net

andrea chiu said...

One thing I learned in life is to love what makes you happy and to cherish every moment you spend with your family, friends or love ones because everything that we have now on earth is temporary. Well, thank you for inspiring us with your great art work.
Visit my site for a very wonderful offer.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...


Very interesting story. I didn't find it boring to read. In fact, I really had a lot of fun reading your post. Thanks.

Bob
www.gofastek.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org