Students and their parents coming by what's left of the James Madison Elementary School in Edison, NJ. A school that was gutted by a raging multi-alarm fire over the weekend. Now, news, that a custodian's been charged for smoking in the school. Prosecutors believe he discarded a cigarette in a trash can in his office. Sadly, this fire comes about a month before the school's 50th anniversary. On its 25th anniversary - a time capsule was buried in the school. To be dug up and shared with the community in a ceremony that was scheduled to be held next month.
More from 1010 WINS.