Saturday, June 6, 2015

2 alarm fire in NY Methodist Hospital forces patients from their rooms






As it turns out - this was really - relatively - a small fire, In a trash chute. But it was a smoky one - and since it was in a hospital - well - there was obvious cause for concern. Lyn Hill is vice president of New York Methodist Hospital. She says the smoke forced the evacuation of visitors and some patients were moved from their smoke-filled rooms to the hallways until the fire department gave the all-clear. Only minor injuries - to a couple employees - who were treated for smoke inhalation in the ER. But a lot of anxious moments - for patients - and their families.

I'm covering the story for 1010 WINS.

No comments: