Saturday, June 13, 2015

Brooklyn deli owner raises prices two-and-a-half times - with the support of his customers!






This sounds a bit counter-intuitive. A deli owner announcing that he's is INCREASING the cost of every product on the shelves. By two and a half times the normal cost. And his customers love the idea. That's because Jesse, the owner of Jesse's Deli on Atlantic Ave in the Boerum Hill section of Brooklyn, is trying to show how much products would cost if he accepts his landlady's demand to raise his rent. 

Jesse's Deli is considered a mainstay of this neighborhood. He knows the customers. The customers know him. It's the center of the community - many say.

If the landlady doesn't come down on the rent, Jessie, who's been in business in the neighborhood since the '80s, will have to move. Hopefully, someplace nearby.

I'm covering the story for 1010 WINS.

3 comments:

Leslie Lim said...

Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Silvia Jacinto said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Silvia Jacinto said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net