Two stories I filed for Fox News Headlines 24/7 on SiriusXM 115 and for the Fox News Radio Network today reminds us that, sadly, the season of goodwill doesn't extend to everyone.
The first - about a 2-year-old Missouri boy, who was put in a crib in a house and left alone with a space heater raging for 38 hours while his mother and dad, police say, manufactured meth in another room.
Cops say they ignored his cries. When the mom finally checked on him - he was dead. The cause: excessive heat.
The parents charged with child abuse, neglect and with manufacturing meth.
The other story I reported about was took place in Greenburgh, New York - a suburb of New York City. Where two people at a hamburger joint - a man and a woman - thought a blind Salvation Army bell ringer who was there on his lunch break took cuts in line. So the viciously assaulted him, the police chief says. Bashing his head with his kettle. And viciously kicking him while he was down on the floor.
Chief Chris McNerney says the man has a long history of arrests and was out on parole at the time of the assault.