Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Elderly woman viciously attacked by a bobcat in her own yard



This is another story I'm reporting on Fox News Headlines 24/7 on SiriusXM 115


An 80-year-old New Hampshire woman is attacked by a bobcat and lives to tell the tale.

Elsie Dabrowski was weeding her flowers when - suddenly - the bobcat attacked.

"He got me in the face first," Dabrowski says.

"He got my cheek, then he got my wrist, then he got my back and chewed up my arm."

Dabrowski fought back. Hitting him with a sickle - but it didn't seem to do anything to the bobcat  - which - she estimates - weighed about 25 pounds and was strong.

It was her dogs to the rescue - chasing the wildcat off.

Her son rushing her to the hospital where she got about 60 stitches.  Then a rabies shot as a precaution.

Wildlife officers eventually capturing the attacking feline. Turns out it was, indeed, rabid. Accounting, they say, for its attacking a person.

No comments: