Tuesday, June 27, 2017

They were on a Shangra-La island for a dream vacation but that all ended suddenly with gunfire


This is a story I'm reporting on Fox News Headlines 24/7 on SiriusXM 115

A vacation in paradise turns tragic for an Alabama man who is shot in the stomach during a robbery attempt.

Kevin Newman and his family were in the Turks and Caicos. His son, Gavin says they were having a terrific time.

"It was a great vacation," Gavin Newman says, "We were having just so much fun." 

But then, Kevin Newman was shot during a robbery and left for dead. Newman was found unresponsive and airlifted in critical condition to Fort Lauderdale for treatment.

"I can't stand to see him like that," Gavin Newman says. "It's my dad. My dad's my best friend."

Newman is reportedly improving. The search for whoever shot him continues.

No comments: